- SQL Server database on premise or in Azure.
- Visual studio ( preferably 2019. community edition will suffice ) with the following toolsets: 2.1 Data storage and processing ( If you already installed visual studio, open the VS installer to modify toolsets).
- SQL Server Management studio (SSMS)
Installation of BETL
- Clone the entire betl solution from Github using Visual studio. (https://github.com/basvdberg/BETL-Core.git)
- Build the solution
- Create an empty database with the name of your choosing using ssms.
- Publish the sqldb_betl project to the newly created database. You can do this in two ways:
- Right click the project and choose publish. (If you don’t see a publish option, make sure that you are in the solution view and not the folder view by clicking icon next to home icon in the solution explorer).
You can also double click the stored publish settings in sqldb_betl.publish.xml. Make sure that you adjust these settings.
Note: publishing might give some dependency related errors caused by the order in which the DDL is generated. please ignore them.
The module xxxx depends on the missing object yyy. The module will still be created; however, it cannot run successfully until the object exists.